Date: April 27-28, 2018
Location: Missoula, MT at the University of Montana
Get the Montana League united and moving forward on the right foot with a weekend of skills development focused on creating and managing an interscholastic mountain bike team. This is our first Leaders’ Summit and will be put on by NICA’s national team. It is a great opportunity for coaches to hit the ground running with all the information they need, straight from the horse’s mouth.
The Leaders’ Summit provides the opportunity for participants to learn:
- About the MT League structure and processes
- How to start a mountain bike team
- How to work with their schools
- Issues related to liability
- Unique intricacies of working with high school and middle school students
Attendance at this two-day event will ensure that anyone in a coaching role on a team will receive NICA’s minimum coaching license requirements, including the risk management course and 3 Professional Development Units (PDU’s). Attendance at the Leaders Summit will provide 9 PDU’s, Risk Management and Mountain Bike 101. More on licensing requirements can be found HERE.
Registration includes the following:
- Two days of classroom and on-the-bike instruction from NICA’s national team
- Various NICA resource documents related to starting and managing a team
- Light Breakfast and coffee on Saturday and Sunday
- Bring your mountain bike, helmet & appropriate outdoor riding gear for spring weather!
Price for the training is TBD, but know that we are keeping it as affordable as possible.
We have secured a block of rooms at the Comfort Inn, which is within easy walking/riding distance of the University. Let them know you are with NICA Montana and they will extend a discounted $85 rate rather than their standard $139 rate.
We are also happy to help arrange homestays for your time in Missoula. Let us know if you are interested!